Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Look and Learn baby quilt

This would be my third Spring to Finish project. When I first saw this baby quilt on Moda Bake Shop, I knew I wanted to make it. I loved this project when I first started it. I used a charm pack of "Look and Learn" from the American Jane line from Moda and some Kona ivory and went to town. I love triangle blocks and I love pinwheels. What I didn't love was ironing 96 2.5" squares into prairie points. I can't tell you how many times I burned myself. I pulled it out to finish because I needed a baby gift and I wanted to have finish 3 WIP projects before the month April was over. If ironing all those little squares wasn't going to do me in, pinning them was certain to do it. I hate pinning! It's a necessary evil in quilting but I still hate it. It was all worth it though because I've decided I really like prairie points in a quilt. I'm actually contemplating making a pink and green whirlygiggles quilt and adding prairie points to the border. I either have a screw loose or I'm a glutton for punishment. I used a piece of a repro vintage feedsack for the back of the quilt. This little quilt measures 36"x44". I should make smaller quilts more often. It's waaaay easier to quilt.

I just realized that there was another time I got frustrated with 2.5" blocks. My tombstone will probably read "Those damn 2.5" squares finally did her in!".


2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the 2.5" blocks-- but I'm going to tackle it and make a big 9-patch quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quilt - it is on my list. I just got a Wee Play charm pack that I think I'll use.

    ReplyDelete