Tuesday, April 28, 2009

9 Patch Madness

I've decided to join Rachael, AmandaJean and Anina in the nine-patch madness.

I made these while watching American Idol...

and these during Dancing with the Stars...

and these during Law and Order-SVU...

and these during Letterman.


I strip pieced these. I didn't have it in me to cut a bunch of 2.5" squares. I'll go through my scraps and do that another day. I'm counting on Anina to do a 9 patch swap. If that doesn't happen, I may do a little swap of my own so that I can have more of a variety. And yes, I watch entirely way too much tv. In my defense, I rarely just "watch" tv. I'm usually sewing, or surfing the net or folding laundry along with my tv watching.


5 comments:

  1. Those fish on the top are my favoirte! I have some of them - should I cut into my piece?! The stip piecing is a great thing that I have to remember. Too bad you can strip-iron prarie points, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! That's the advantage for me of being a hand sewer, I can sew anywhere and watch tv too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful fabrics!!! way to get a head start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are cracking me up. I just got on the computer for the first time is several days... WHOA that is a long time for me! I love that pink and green quilt so very much!

    And these 9 patches.. I think I am going to work on making a 9 patch quilt. I love how they look all together. I think if you are doing it well then I need to get my act together and make some too!

    And tv is made for watching - I watch WAY too much too but I love it. Oh I guess I should say I watch it when the bg has gone to bed and turn on the Tivo.... ahhhh silence of no "mama, mama" and just the drama on tv. yea.

    ReplyDelete