Monday, February 2, 2009

Neat & Tidy

The pattern for this quilt is called "Neat & Tidy". It's made with 8 fat quarters , 3/8 of a yard for the inner border and 1 yard for the outer border. I bought this quilt kit at the Quilt show last year because I liked all the fabrics in this kit and that was the only way to get it. I put the quilt top together sometime last year and promptly forgot about it. I do that sometimes. I remember there were alot of little 2.5" squares and I just wanted to be done!
Here's a close up of some of the fabric. Sooo pretty!
The back is just a large piece of a frosted pink. I stippled the quilt and had some issues with puckering. After I washed and dried it, you could barely see the puckers so I was happy.


The binding is a brown polka dot fabric. I love polka dots for bindings.



Even though there were alot of small squares, I don't think it took me long to put together. If I remember correctly, I think maybe less than a day. I'm faster at it now. I have more confidence so I may try this pattern again and see how long it takes me now. The quilt measures 50"x59".


No comments:

Post a Comment