Monday, February 23, 2009

My newest addiction


I've joined a few virtual sewing bees and some of my fellow participants had requested the spiderweb block. I had seen this block all around blogosphere but haven't tried it because I HATE PAPER PIECING! I realized that I had better practice before I started working with other people's fabrics. Let just say that I was pleasantly surprised. These blocks are amazingly easy and addicting! This really is a great scrap project because it really uses the smallest pieces. This also may not be a good thing because my scrap piles are already out of hand. I can totally see myself keeping tiny pieces for this project. I used this tutorial.


I'm no fortune teller but I see alot of spiderweb blocks in my future...

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I too, have been contemplating the spiderweb block. Haven't tried it yet tho. I'm still trying to work up the nerve to try a string quilt(I don't know why I'm afraid, I just am!) I tried to click on the tutorial but it wouldn't come through. Could you email me the link?

    ReplyDelete