Thursday, February 5, 2009

Doll quilt

This little quilt was made using scraps from 2 baby boy quilts that I helped my friend Maribeth with. I was going to give it to my sister for my newest nephew who is due in the spring, but it's really small. It measures 27x31 . I decided to give it to my little friend, Ava , who is three and loves to play with dolls. I don't know if her dolls have adjusted to the cold Minnesota weather but a quilt might keep them warm, regardless of the color. I quilted on the diagonal again and I'm getting better. The lines on this quilt were much straighter.
The back is just a piece of a really pretty blue swirly fabric.
Here's a close up.


I really like making small doll quilts. It's nice to be able to start and finish a quilt in just a few hours. I have a feeling Ava's dolls will be getting more quilts.



No comments:

Post a Comment