Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who let the dogs out??!!

I know I say this about all my quilts but I really love this one. The individual blocks are all made from scraps. I had some really cute scraps of dogs that I didn't know what to do with but they were just too cute to throw out. I used them for the center of each block and I just kept adding fabrics. I didn't worry about making everything even until the end and I trimmed each block down to a 10" square. This was my first improvised quilt and I really am going to do more of these. It was really freeing to just add fabric without pre-cutting the exact measurements. I really like the off set ones. I couldn't get a good picture of the quilting. I quilted concentric squares around each block and I really like the result (Click on the picture to get a close up).
Here's a close up of some of the blocks.
This one is my favorite one. For the back, I used a piece of flannel that had really bright flowers on it. This back is sooooo soft!

Here's a close -up of the fabric.



The quilt measures 46x56. I'm going to have a hard time giving this one away.


No comments:

Post a Comment