Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spicy's 1st birthday quilt

Sugar and spice and everything nice... this little girl is definitely sweet but waaaay more SPICY!!!!! She's barely one and can already defend herself against her four year old brother. She's a biter this one and a slapper too. I think it's funny but then again, I haven't been bitten or slapped. I think it's great that she's already got the "I'm not taking any crap from you " attitude. She's a feisty little one and I love it! However, I feel for her mama when she hits her teens... I wanted to make her a quilt for her birthday and her mama says her favorite color is pink. Hmmmm, what a coincidence. Me thinks her mama's favorite color is pink... I made a girly version of this quilt. I probably shouldn't have used so much white for a baby quilt but my friend LOVES to do laundry . Heh!

A pieced pink and green backing. If you click on the picture for a close-up, you'll see the green fabric has little bitty hearts. The pink fabric has little ballet slippers on it. Her mama wants her to be a girly girl. We shall see.....



6 comments:

  1. So pretty! You braved the prarie points again - they look so worth it! I'm thinking this is my new project for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! I love pink and green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at THOSE cheeks! She is too cute. And you go Spicy - defend yourself!

    I LOOOOOOOVE that quilt. I think I am about to make baby girl's crib into a toddler bed AND I am going to make something for her "new" bed. I think something like this is what I am going to do. I love your pink and green combo again! You are awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little girl and an adorable quilt! Love the prarie points in there :)

    ReplyDelete