Monday, January 26, 2009

Smores Snowman quilt

This is actually the first quilt of 2009. I wanted to make a theme quilt for every month and for January, I wanted a snowman one. I hated every snowman fabric I found and I thought I'd have to change the theme for January until I stumbled on this line. Snowman fabric with PINK, LIME GREEN, and LAVENDER backgrounds. SOOO friggin cute! This quilt was really easy to put together. The middle square is 6" and the frames 3.5". I quilted on the diagonal and let's just say, I need to practice.
For the back, I just pieced strips of the snowman fabric with a mottled turqouise.

For the binding, I used a neutral fabric with zig zags. I had to bias cut the binding and to say I didn't enjoy this would be an understatement (Actually my friend Maribeth did most of the work ! I just did the swearing!). Matching the zig zag was a HUGE pain! Regardless, I love this quilt. It's such a happy, colorful quilt!






No comments:

Post a Comment