Thursday, January 29, 2009

OCD Anyone?

I am a creature of habit. I have a favorite dish at every restaurant I go to regularly and rarely do I try a different item. When I walk my dogs, I take the same path every day. I wear the same outfits over and over again. I pretty much follow the same routine daily. Apparently, when I like a quilt pattern, I make the same quilt over and over again. I can't help it. This pattern is so friggin easy and I can usually get a quilt top done in a few hours. Instant satisfaction! I'm going to call this one "Fruit Loops". It just reminds me of a bowl of Fruit Loops.

Here's a close up of a block. I used the Brooke sheets from the Pottery Barn Kids collection for the middle. So. Stinkin. Cute. Although I hate stippling, I love the wrinkly effects it produces.



For the back, I just pieced fabrics from the same colorway until I got the size I needed. I think the back looks like a pack of Fruit Stripe gum. Maybe I'll just call this quilt "Yummy"!







No comments:

Post a Comment