Friday, March 6, 2009

March Blocks for PTQB

This is Stephanie's block for March. She sent each of us a letter block and said we could embroider if we wanted. Since I don't embroider, I was going to leave it alone. After I completed the block, that middle block just screamed for more. I researched embroidery techniques, watch a couple of you tube videos on it and gave it a go. I did a simple back stitch. I used 6 strands of floss because I wanted to cover the pink ink but if I were to do it again, I would only use three. It kind of gave it a bulky look. I only used three strands for the detail on the inside of the lime and it turned out much better. I realized that I kinda like embroidering.

This is Sara's block. She wanted a spiderweb block made with repro fabric. I really liked her choice of fabrics.
Since I'm addicted to making these blocks, I made her a second one with her leftover fabric and some of mine.


I just got Sarah's fabric for Another Quilting Bee 1. I hope she doesn't mind a little drool on her fabric.

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the embroidery! It really makes the block stand out. I love it.

    And those spiderwebs - wow! If you're really addicted to making them - you can make me one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job-- now I'm going to embroider my blocks, too!

    ReplyDelete